By default, we do not permanently install any equipment into our spaces other than cable runs, leaving them fully adaptable and equipment available.
For loading into either of our venues, Cherry Tree Hill can be used, but parking is only available in University Visitors’ Car Parks (restrictions apply).
|Auditorium||Studio A||Studio B|
|Stage Dimensions||7.2 x 7.8m (Can be extended by 1.2m at the front)||9 x 5m||10 x 5.4m|
|Stage Floor||MDF||Dance floor||Dance floor|
|Largest entrance to stage||1.3 x 1.9m||1.4 x 1.9m||0.8 x 1.9m|
|Load in via||Main foyer||Fire escape||Studio foyer door|
|CAD Drawings||Theatre Rig (pdf)
Theatre Stage Floor (pdf)
|Studio A (pdf)|
- There is no built-in crossover, or internal access to the dressing room from stage left.
- SR Wing Dimensions: 4.8 x 3.8m
- SL Wing Dimensions: 3.3 x 2.25m
- Audio and video relay available to tech box, SR wing and dressing room.
- 63/3 and 32/1 supply in SR wing
- 64 IWB circuits in grid; 8 ground circuits, all with 15A sockets. 6 hard-powered channels in the patch bay.
- RCD-protected 13A sockets in both wings and USR.
There is no installed seating, and a rake can be achieved using Prolyte StageDex.
- Both Studios have full surround curtains to achieve a full black box.
- There are no wings
- Short end of Studio A has a full wall mirror
- 32/3 supply
- 18 channels of dimming via 3x socapex outputs
- Various 13A sockets at floor level
- Various 13A sockets at floor level
- Dimensions: 3 x 8.5m
- Changing Rooms: Three cubicles, each measuring 2 x 2m
- 1x Accessible toilet
- Kitchenette featuring: fridge, kettle, microwave, toaster, sink
- Dressing table with illuminated mirror, seats 6
|Selecon Rama 1k Fresnel||12|
|Selecon Acclaim 750W Fresnel||16|
|CCT Minuette 650W Fresnel||3|
|Strand Patt 743 1k||8|
|Strand Patt 123 1k||2|
|ETC Source 4 Jr Zoom 575W||9|
|ETC Source 4 750W||1|
|Selecon Acclaim Zoomspot||5|
|Chauvet ColorDash PARQuad 18||6|
|Strand Patt 137||2|
|Chauvet Q Spot 460 LED||4|
|Martin Atomic 3000 Strobe||1|
- ETC Ion w/ 20 Fader Wing
- ETC Nomad w/ touch screen
- Auditorium Tech Box is at the rear of the auditorium with room for 3 operators with a full view of the stage. Room is closed off wih a sliding window on the front.
- 8x Zero88 Betapack 6-channel dimmers (total 48ch) with demux installed in Workshop
- 18-way Datapak III dimmer installed in Studio A (3x Socapex out)
- ETC Smartpack 12-channel w/ 63/3 tail
- 2x Zero88 Alphapack 3-channel dimmers - 13A powered with manual faders or DMX control
- LookSolutions Unique 2.1 Hazer w/ DMX control
- Martin Magnum 650 Smoke Machine w/ remote control
- 2x RCF C3110 | FOH
- 1x RCF S8015LP Subwoofer | Under seats
- 2x JBL Control 1 | Tech Box
- 4x JBL Control 1 | New Theatre Foyer
- Soundcraft Si Expression (24/8)
- 12-ways (9/3) to SR wing
- 3-ways to SL wing
- 3-ways to Row D of the Auditorium
- 2x RCF ART-310A powered speakers w/ flying brackets
- 2x Bose speakers
- 2x Stereo speakers
- 1x P7000S in case
- 2x Shure SM58
- 1x Shure Beta 57
- 1x Shure SM57
- 2x BSS AR-113 DI boxes
- K&M Mic Stand w/ Boom
- TecPro and Altair comms
- 3x headsets in Auditorium Tech Box
- 1x headset in Auditorium SR wing
- 2x spare beltpacks and headsets
- Yamaha MG16/6FX
- 2x Mac Mini w/ QLab 4 Audio and Video License (8-out in the Auditorium; 2-out in the Studio)
- VGA and SDI run permanently run from Auditorium Tech Box to SR wing
- BenQ MH733 projector w/ rigging mount
- Epson EB-92 projector w/ rigging mount
- QLab with Video License
Set and Scenery
- No safety curtain or house tabs in any space
- 2x black drapes with clips to the top measuring 4 x 3m
- 8m tab track, in 3 sections, with runners
- 8x4m gauze with ties to the top
- 8x5m white cyc with eyelets to the top
- Various 4ft wide flats at 8 and 10ft height
- 19x Prolyte StageDex 2 x 1m
- 3x Prolyte StageDex 1 x 1m
- Legs available at 20, 40, 60, and 80cm.
- All scenery, drapes, and backdrops must be fire resistant
- We may carry out controlled flame tests and disallow any materials that are not suitably flame retardant.
- All electrical equipment must be in good condition, have a current PAT certificate, have appropriate protective circuits, and be wired in accordance with current IEE regulations.
- All equipment and staff must comply with the Electricity at Work Regulations 1989.
- Electrical or rigging equipment may be disallowed at any time if it is deemed dangerous or inappropriate.